Willkommen auf den Seiten des Auswärtigen Amts
Language course Visa § 16f AufenthG
Please prepare an application set with all following documents in the given order. Should you wish to keep any originals, kindly provide two additional copies. Any documents that are not in German/English have to be translated. Incomplete documentation may result in the rejection of your application.
- Valid passport (issued within the last 10 years and valid for at least 6 months with at least two empty pages)
- Valid resident card, duration covering at least the visa duration procedure
- Application form fully completed and duly signed : https://videxnational.diplo.de/videx/visum-erfassung/#/videx-langfristiger-aufenthalt
- Passport size pictures, not older than three months with a bright background and frontal view of the face (please do not attach the picture to the application form). Digitally-altered passport pictures will not be accepted.
- Copy of your passport’s data page
- Copy of your resident card (both sides)
- Personal motivation letter, explaining in detail what your reasons for undertaking a language course are, what you expect to achieve by learning German and how this language course will help your personal development / professional career
- If you intend to stay in Germany after the language course: information on your intended future activity in Germany, evidence that you fulfill the requirements (see also information sheets for blue card etc.)
- Language course confirmation letter („Anmeldebestätigung“) and confirmation of payment by the language school
- Evidence of sufficient funds for one year. The amount for sufficient funds is currently set at 1.027,49 Euro per month (subject to change). One of the following proofs is accepted:
- Blocked bank account in Germany
- Declaration of Obligation (Verpflichtungserklärung) from a person in Germany
- Your university diploma OR, if diploma isn’t yet available, a certificate from the university and transcript of records (foaia matricola)
- Evidence of German language proficiency
Please note that at least basic language skills should be acquired in Romania/your home country in advance. Only recent certificates of the following providers are accepted: GoetheInstitut, telc GmbH, TestDaf-Institut, Austrian Language Diploma (ÖSD);
- Visa fee 75 Euro – payable in Lei - cash or card (Visa or Master).
To be provided after the approval of the visa:
- Flight reservation to Germany, rail or bus tickets
- Proof of travel health insurance (with headquarters in the EU), valid for the entire stay in the Schengen area with a minimum coverage of 30.000,00 EUR including the following details: name of insured person, length of coverage, insurance sum and repatriation coverage. Please note that health insurance coverage by credit card is not valid unless you present a letter from the credit card company with details of coverage of your trip.
Please note that your application can only be processed if your documents are complete. The Embassy reserves the right to ask for additional documents on a case by case basis. Submission of the above mentioned documents does not guarantee that a visa is granted.