Willkommen auf den Seiten des Auswärtigen Amts
The processing of an application for a business visa takes approximately two weeks. The visa application can be submitted at the earliest 3 months prior to the planned trip.
You have to submit your application in person. All documents need to be presented in original as well as a clear photocopy of all documents. Any documents which are not in German/English have to be translated.
Before submitting your application, please prepare all of the following documentation in the given order.
Incomplete documentation may result in the rejection of your application.
- Valid passport (issued within the last 10 years and valid for at least 3 months after leaving the Schengen area with at least two empty pages)
- Valid resident card, valid for at least 1 month after leaving the Schengen area
- Application form fully completed, duly signed
- Passport size picture, not older than three months with a bright background and frontal view of the face (please do not attach the picture to the application form). Digitally-altered passport pictures will not be accepted.
- Copy of your passport’s data page.
- Copy of your resident card (both sides)
- Invitation letter (not older than 4 weeks) from the business partner in Germany stating:
- purpose of your business stay in Germany
- duration of the stay
- if applicable, reason for multiple entries
- full address of your stay in Germany
- informal declaration to cover the costs of your stay in Germany or the other Schengen States according to Sections 66-68 of the Residence Act , incl. the signature of an authorized representative of the company
- copy of the German identity card (Personalausweis) / Resident's Card of the representative signing the invitation
- recent copy of the inviting company's registration at the German commercial register (Handelsregisterauszug)
- flight itinerary
- proof of travel health insurance (with headquarters in the EU), valid for the entire stay in the Schengen area with a minimum coverage of 30.000,00 EUR including the following details: name of th einsured person, length of coverage, insurance sum and repatriation coverage. Please note that health insurance coverage by credit card is not valid
- business registration of the Romanian company (certificat constatator)
- letter from your employer (not older than 4 weeks) stating
- the reason for your trip
- your position within the company, the length of employment
- if applicable, statement of the company which costs will be borne
- original work contract and German or English translation
- bank statement of the last three months
- visa fee 80 Euro payable in Lei – cash or card (VISA or Master).
Please note that the German Embassy reserves the right to ask for additional documents at any time during processing. Submission of the above mentioned documents does not guarantee that a visa is granted.