Willkommen auf den Seiten des Auswärtigen Amts
- Valid passport (issued within the last 10 years and valid for at least 3 months after leaving the Schengen area with at least two empty pages).
- Valid resident card, valid for at least 1 months after leaving the Schengen area.
- Application form fully completed, duly signed.
- Passport size picture, not older than three months with a bright background and frontal view of the face (please do not attach the picture to the application form). Digitally-altered passport pictures will not be accepted.
- Copy of your passport’s data page.
- Copy of your resident card (both sides)
- Confirmed hotel reservation, with your name on it, for each day of your stay in the Schengen area, including name and full address of the hotel.
- Flight reservation to Germany and back to Romania or final destination, rail tickets, bus tickets, or others.
- Proof of travel health insurance (with headquarters in the EU), valid for the entire stay in the Schengen area with a minimum coverage of 30.000,00 EUR including the following details: name of insured person, length of coverage, insurance sum and repatriation coverage. Please note that health insurance coverage by credit card is not valid unless you present a letter from the credit card company with details of coverage of your trip.
- Proof of employment.
- Work contract – translated to German/English.
- If self-employed -business registration(certificat constatator).
- Students - letter from university or school in Romania.
- Proof of sufficient funds to cover the costs of your proposed trip: your bank statements for the last three month.
- For Minors additional papers:
- birth certificate with parental information, original and official translation into German or -nglish, plus one copy each.
The processing of an application for a tourist visa takes approximately two weeks. The visa application can be submitted at the earliest 3 months prior to the planned trip.
You have to submit your application in person. All documents need to be presented in original as well as a clear photocopy of all documents. Any documents which are not in German/English have to be translated.
Before submitting your application, please prepare all of the following documentation in the given order. Please add the completed list to your application!
Incomplete documentation may result in the rejection of your application.